Name: Bev Lower
100 SE Third Street
Aledo, IL 61231
Phone: (309) 582-2524*
*Option 8 on automated menu
Bev Lower Ext# 170
Kris Welch Ext# 171
ATTENTION TAXING BODIES: Settlement distributions Printable
When searching less is best:
if you don't know your pin # only put in your last name.
Tax Records searched at merceril.devnetwedge.com
You Can, PRINT TAX BILL (free), also see all assessment information.
ANY CHANGES MUST BE MADE WITH THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE.
Address Changes, Exemption changes, Assessment Changes
Please call: 309/582-7814 Option 7 or EXT 160(Lisa),161(Taylor), or 162(Mary)
Tax Payments due June 25th, 2021 and Sept 10th, 2021 1.5% of tax installment penalties are due every 30 days after the due dates.
PLEASE CALL AFTER THE 2ND INSTALLMENT IS PAST DUE FOR AMOUNTS.
* Delinquent notices to be mailed @ Sept 24th, 2021 NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED.
* Sept 27-30 Credit Card pay will be shut down due to publication.
* To avoid publication payments must be in the office by 3 pm Sept 28th, 2021
* Last day to pay by Credit card October 28th, 2021
* LAST DAY TO PAY TAXES NOVEMBER 3rd, 2021 IN OFFICE BY 4 PM
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR PAYMENT STUBS WITH YOUR PAYMENTS!!
Taxes may be paid in one of the following ways:
1) Drop box - there are two drop box locations at the Courthouse. One is located outside the building and the other is located on the 2nd floor outside of the Collector's office. Please put payments in an envelope labeled "County Collector" if you plan to use the drop box system. You should use your check or money order as your receipt. If you would like a receipt mailed to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
2) Mail - you may mail your tax payment to: Mercer County Collector's Office, 100 SE 3rd St., Aledo, IL 61231. You should use your check or money order as your receipt. If you would like a receipt mailed to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
3) Bank - you may pay your taxes at any bank in Mercer County as well as at Reynolds State Bank in Reynolds or CBI Bank & Trust in Buffalo Prairie. If you pay at the bank, they will mark your bill as paid.
4) Online - you may also pay your taxes by clicking PAY PROPERTY TAXES HERE .
A third party handling fee will apply. Please print your receipt.
Annual Tax Sale will be held:
November 5th at 10 a.m. in Henry County, Cambridge IL. Henry County tax sale will be 1st and Mercer County to follow.
We will be using Joseph Myers & Associates, R.A.M.S 2 the forms for registering can be printed here:
Tax Sale information and cost sheet
Bidding Procedures and contract ... The Booklets with property listing can be purchased at www.iltaxsale.com or in Treasurer's office 100 SE 3rd St Aledo, IL on the 2nd floor, the Booklets are $5
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE BENEFITS TO SIGNING UP FOR ENOTICES AT https://enoticesonline.com/ You will need the code provided to you on your tax bill.
A penalty of 1 1/2 percent per month or part of a month will be added to each past due installment. The County collector is not responsible for the omission of property or for the payment on wrong tracts or lots. Please keep your copies of this bill. Duplicate copies will be charged as follows: $2 in office or mailed for homeowners or $5 for non home owners, $3 email or $5 faxed. No partial payments will be accepted. Payments must be made in full installments as shown on the bill or be paid in full at any time by the due dates. No personal checks or credit card payments will be accepted 30 days prior to the tax sale. Please call the office after the due dates to find out what payment options are being accepted.
MOBILE HOME PRIVILEGE TAX
Taxes may be paid at the County Collector / Treasurer's Office at the Mercer County Courthouse (Open Monday - Friday, 8am to 4pm). Taxes may also be mailed to Mercer County Collector @ 100 SE 3rd Street, Aledo, IL 61231. Please mail tax stub with you payment. Mobile Home taxes cannot be paid by Credit Card.
THE PUBLIC ACT 96-1477 READS THAT A MOBILE HOME OR MANUFACTURED HOME TAXED UNDER THE MOBILE HOME LOCAL SERVICES TAX OR AS IT IS CALLED THE "PRIVILEGE TAX", ON JANUARY 1, 2011, CONTINUES TO BE TAXED UNDER THAT ACT UNTIL THE HOME IS 1) SOLD, 2) TRANSFERRED OR 3) RELOCATED TO ANOTHER PARCEL OUTSIDE A MOBILE HOME PARK. IF ANY OF THESE THREE EVENTS OCCUR, THEN THE MOBILE OR MANUFACTURED HOME MUST BE THEN BE ASSESSED AS REAL PROPERTY.